Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Mommy in my DNA

Me being in a career that is extremely demanding I always imagined that I would have children when I felt I was settled career wise. I thought I would wait till I felt I could afford to take the responsibility of motherhood. In spite of me being very passionate about what I do, babies have always been a kind of weakness. I could melt at the sight of those cute adorable things. Anywhere I would go if I could spot a cutie in the vicinity I was sure to be making funny faces just to make them giggle or laugh. Though my friends would be going...."Female!!! What are you doing? This is a public place and that's somebody's kid!!"... That could never stop me.... :D


I guess its that weakness that got me thinking (in my 11th month of marriage) of motherhood. My maternal traits in my DNA just hit me. I really wanted to be a mom. Even though I've always thought and wanted babies because of their unabashed yummy cuteness, but being a mother was a whole other story.

Luckily for me having an elder sister did help me a lot. Seeing how she went through the whole motherhood phase gave me a gist of  what motherhood could be like. Let me tell you, not a piece of cake. I realized behind all the kissing on the chubby cheeks and making noises on their tummies, there were sleepless night, picky eating, endless tantrums etc.. Maybe I guess for many being a mother is just a part of the vocation of womanhood and I guess that was the reason I was sooooo ready for it.

But as you know this isn't a one person kinda job. My husband AJ being in a similar profession as mine was surprisingly very ready to be a dad too. Why I say surprising is because like me he too is a person who is very dedicated to his work and you can say kind of a workaholic. He was also ready and we were like... "Let's do this!!!"


So began our new phase of life which I would like to call "Project Baby". But little did we know that Project Baby wasn't gonna be like any of the projects we've ever taken up.


3 comments:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful journey through motherhood.

    Good idea of this blog. I'll know what to except when i decide to take the step of motherhood.

    Hats off to you Sofia!!

    Love
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe.. love the 'Let's do this' attitude! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha so true... each and every word!! i get the same reaction from my sis wheni go 'peeeka boo 'to all kids in a mall! :D

    ReplyDelete